New Funding Opportunities Now Available!
The NN/LM PNR is very pleased to announce a new suite of funding opportunities!
Per feedback from a network member questionnaire conducted last summer, you told us ways that NN/LM PNR funding could be used to expand health information services in your organizations or communities. We were delighted to hear some great ideas. Several are listed below, including a link to the type of award most appropriate for the activity:
- Design short bibliographic instruction tutorials, using tools such as Joomla, to increase library literacy system-wide. (Technology Improvement Award)
- Develop training for outreach to hospital administrators about evidence-based health administration/management. (Express Outreach Award)
- Provide materials and technical support to K-12 programs, or community based organizations to promote health literacy and health empowerment. (Express Outreach Award)
- Help to implement the EHR by integrating point-of-care resources, or patient education resource such as MedlinePlus Connect, to help meet meaningful use requirements. (Medical Library Pilot Project Award)
- Partner with a health screening program, to provide consumer health resources and increase knowledge about health disparities. (Health Disparities Information Outreach Award)
- Offer a monthly open house, to increase awareness of the library’s value to the organization. (Health Information Services Award)
- Help spark interest and join the conversation about trends in open data and scholarly communication by hosting an unconference. (Regional Symposium Award)
The above examples are shared to inspire you and encourage you!
If you plan on submitting a proposal, please send a brief statement of intent to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 13, 2014.
We look forward to hearing from you!