New Herbal Supplements Database in MedlinePlus
Recently, MedlinePlus released 100 new English and Spanish monographs on a broad range of dietary supplements and herbal remedies. The new content is provided by Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Consumer Version (NMCD). Some of the highlights of the new monographs include:
- Descriptions of herbal remedies, dietary supplements, and how they work
- Effectiveness ratings for different indications
- Safety concerns, including special precautions and warnings
- Information on interactions with medications, foods, and other herbs and supplements
- Dosages that have been studied in scientific research
- Extensive lists of references, with links to PubMed
- A “Share” button on each monograph that allows users to easily share the content with friends and family
The content from NMCD replaces the Natural Standard monographs that were previously on MedlinePlus. If you bookmarked any monographs from Natural Standard, MedlinePlus will automatically redirect you to the new information when equivalent content in available. Please review and update your bookmarks.
If you have questions or comments about the new content, please contact the MedlinePlus team by using the “Contact Us” link that appears at the top of every MedlinePlus page.