Go Local Project Awards Now Available!
Have you ever researched a health topic on MedlinePlus and wished you could find information at a more local level? There’s an opportunity in the Pacific Northwest to develop just such an option!
NN/LM PNR is pleased to announce that funding is available for MedlinePlus Go Local projects in the Pacific Northwest. The MedlinePlus Go Local Project links MedlinePlus users to health services in their local community related to the health topic they are researching. Conversely, the project also directs users of the Go Local site to MedlinePlus health topics. For example, users get medical information on diabetes from MedlinePlus and then visit a Go Local site for nearby health programs, services, and providers.
Here are some key questions to ask when considering a Go Local project. Do you have:
* An institutional commitment to create and maintain the site?
* At least a half-time salaried person to coordinate the project?
* Staff to do outreach and publicity?
* Staff to index and maintain the local records with the vocabulary and geographic mapping?
* An existing web site or database to serve as a starting point?
If your institution is interested in implementing Go Local, visit the call for submissions for the MedlinePlus Go Local award.
Maximum award is $25,000.
Contact Gail Kouame either by email or telephone at 1-800- 338-7657 (in AK, ID, MT, OR, and WA) for more information. Deadline for notifying NN/LM PNR of your intent to apply is November 1, 2006. Deadline for applications is December 15, 2006.