Pacific Northwest Region
Why attend the Symposium: Health Information for Public Librarians?
May 22-23, 2018
- Become more competent in health literacy for your patrons
- Learn about educational, financial and community engagement resources for health literacy outreach
- Meet colleagues with the same concerns about barriers and challenges in providing health literacy services
- Understand national Initiatives on reducing disparities in health
The Medical Library Association, Public Library Association and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine have joined forces and developed a symposium designed to bring public librarians, health sciences librarians, and health professionals together to learn from each other on how best to serve the diverse health needs of our community.
- PNR Rendezvous is a monthly webinar series focusing on a health science topic or resource for you to share and use in your work.
- PNR Partners is a series showcasing the work of our funding recipients. Through hearing the stories of the successes and challenges of these projects we hope listeners will be inspired to create their own projects and apply for PNR funding.
- NNLM Resource Picks is a new bimonthly webinar series offered by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Every two months, a National Library of Medicine resource will be featured.
Idaho State University
Best Practice in Decision-Making: Educational Training Program on Evidence-based Management for Health Administrators in the PNR
Knowledge is Health: Interprofessional Partnerships to Promote Health Literacy
University of Alaska Anchorage
Information Resources for Alaska’s Healthcare Providers and Consumers: Outreach in the Last Frontier
Washington State University-Spokane
Health Professions Outreach in Eastern Washington