Teaching Resources & Tips
What are Open Educational Resources (OER)?
Open educational resources (OER) are free and openly licensed educational materials that can be used for teaching, learning, research, and other purposes.
- ACRL/EBSS Open Education Resources for Teacher Education - designed for Education Liaison Librarians looking for OERs relevant for teacher education programs
- CORA: Community of Online Research Assignments - open access collaborative database of research assignments and curated links on teaching
- Directory of Open Access Journals - online directory that indexes and provides access to open access, peer-reviewed journals
- Effective Adult Learning: A Toolkit for Teaching Adults - PDF developed in 2012 by Northwest Center for Public Health Practice in partnership with The Network for Public Health Law
- MedEdPORTAL - open-access, peer-reviewed teaching materials for health professions education. Also includes iCollaborative, educational resources that have not undergone the formal MedEdPORTAL peer review process.
- MERLOT - curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services contributed and used by an international education community.
- OER Commons - open education resources and a network of educators dedicated to curriculum improvement
- Open Textbook Library - free, openly-licensed textbooks
- PRIMO (Peer-Reviewed Instructional Materials Online) Database - Peer-reviewed instructional materials created by librarians
- Teaching Commons - Open educational resources from leading colleges and universities (Digital Commons powered by Bepress)
- The Teacher Toolkit - Engaging techniques for effective teaching. Geared towards K-12, but useful for other settings.