Teaching Resources & Tips
This guide is a collection of resources about educational technology and adult education.
We reserve the right to limit content on this page. Suggestions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citation games - from Reynolds Community College Libraries
- Coggle - simple collaborative mind maps
- eQuizShow - online quiz board
- FlipGrid - video based discussion board
- Flippity - use Google spreadsheet to create online flashcards, bingo, board games and more
- FreeMind - free concept/mind mapping software written in Java
- HyperDocs - digital worksheets
- H5P - create, share and reuse interactive html5 content in your browser. Open source
- Kahoot - create, play and share fun learning games for any subject, for all ages, for free
- MindMup 2 - free mind mapping tool
- Nearpod - create, share and track interactive lessons. Free and paid versions.
- Padlet - interactive whiteboard
- PollEverywhere - audience response system utilizing mobile phones, Twitter, and the web
- Powtoon - create animated videos and presentations
- Quizizz - create free self-paced quizzes
- Quizlet - browse or create your own online flashcards and study sets. Login required
- Wordle - word cloud generator
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) - free, open-source image editor
- Snagit - screen capture and recording software
- Snip - screen capture, record, annotate, share. An app for Windows 7 and higher.
Free tools for image editing/social media promotion creation
- Adobe Spark
- Office Lens
- 2019 Social Media Image Sizes Cheat Sheet
Stock Photos with Creative Commons Licensing
- CDC Public Health Image Library
- Disabled And Here
- Gender Spectrum Collection
- NLM Digital Collections
- NLM History of Medicine Collection on Flickr Commons
- 13 Sources For Free Public Domain and CC0-Licensed Images
- Animaker - online animations and video infographics
- Canva Free Infographic Maker - free infographic making tool
- Easel.ly - similar to Canva, create charts in program
- Piktochart - make charts, maps, and incorporate videos
- PixCone - option of customizing online size display.
- Venngage interactive online infographics (embed YouTube videos, polls, and forms)
- Visme Basics Widget - select specific types of text blocks, statistics and graphics layouts, option to embed online content.
- Zanifesto - create infographics from the size of a business card to a resizable web graphic
See also: Nguyen, Tony. "Technology: Infographic Design Tools." MLA News, July 16, 2018. Full-text (registration required)
- Box - cloud storage
- Diigo - bookmarks and annotation
- DropBox - cloud storage
- Google Keep - note-taking service developed by Google
- Hypothesis - open source annotation tool
- WorldTimeBuddy - check time zones across the world
- Asana - web-based project management tool
- Basecamp - web-based project management tool
- Producteev - task management software for teams
- Slack - collaboration and messaging system for teams
- Microsoft Teams - Microsoft application for team collaboration and messaging system
To Do Lists
- Todoist - to do list and task manager
- Trello - task tracker
- Wunderlist - track to-do lists, reminders and errands
- Camstudio - Free screen recording software
- Jing - add basic visual elements to images and video
- Legal Music for Videos - a collection of websites sites to find Creative Commons licensed music
- OBS Studio - Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.
- Screencastify - simple video screen recorder for Chrome, Chromebooks and Chromeboxes
- Screencast-o-matic - capture any area of your screen and add narration
- Wink - screencasting tool for short captures
- 6 free video editors with zoom feature
- 15 videos about making videos
Tools for adding interactivity to videos
- CADET: Caption And Description Editing Tool - Produce free, high-quality caption files that are compatible with any media player that supports the display of captions.
- PlayPosit - Add interactivity to any video. Free version available.
- Thinglink - annotate images and videos. Free version available
- TouchCast Studio - adding interactivity to videos. Free version available
- Vizia - engage viewers by integrating quizzes, polls, and CTAs into videos. Free
- Vialogues - An asynchronous Video discussion tool which can be used for leveraging digital videos for learning by adding group interaction. Free.