About the NNLM Training Office (NTO)
The Network of the National Library of Medicine Training Office (NTO) is part of the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM).
The mission of the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) is to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information and improving the public's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health. The Program is coordinated by the National Library of Medicine and carried out through a nationwide network of health science libraries and information centers. The NTO is one of 8 regional medical libraries and 5 national offices that serve this mission.
The NTO has two primary aims:
1) to deliver high-quality, innovative training to diverse audiences nationwide in support of the effective use of NLM information products and services; and
2) to ensure efficient and effective development, delivery, and sharing of NNLM learning materials and training activities.
We are guided by three core principles in service of those aims:
1) respect and value the adult learning needs of our constituents;
2) develop our collaborative partnerships with NLM, NNLM and other relevant collaborators; and
3) incorporate evaluative thinking in all of our activities to regularly improve classes and educational programs.
More About NTO
Please contact us with your comments and suggestions.