PubMedŽ for Librarians: Customization - My NCBIClass Description | Agenda
Due to extremely high demand for this class, a recording from the most recent session can be viewed on the NTC website.
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90 minute segments. These five segments will be presented via Adobe Connect and recorded for archival access.
Each segment is meant to be a stand-alone module designed for each user to determine how many and in what sequence they attend.
The segments are designed to take 1.5 hours each and, if the live session is attended, along with any pre-requisite work completed, will earn 1.5 MLA Continuing Education hours.
PUBMED FOR LIBRARIANS: CUSTOMIZATION - MY NCBI DESCRIPTION:
This is a synchronous online session that includes hands-on exercises. Attend this class to learn about the advantages of creating a My NCBI account, managing and manipulating your My NCBI page content using the features and options available in My NCBI, identify and differentiate available filters on PubMed's filter sidebar, select and set up to 15 filters, and creating a custom filter.
Prerequisite: View 3 animated tutorials (total running time 8 minutes).
PUBMED FOR LIBRARIANS: CUSTOMIZATION - MY NCBI AGENDA:
- Summarize the advantages of using PubMed when signed in to My NCBI
- Create a My NCBI account
- Manage and manipulate your My NCBI page content
- Identify where and how to customize your account
- Use the features and options available in My NCBI by illustrating how to:
- Save a search
- Set up an automatic email alert for a saved search
- Create collections
- Utilize the My Bibliography feature
- Identify and Differentiate between available filters on PubMed: Filter Sidebar, Clinical Queries, Topic Specific Queries and My NCBI filters
- Classify PubMed search filters available via My NCBI
- Select and set up to 15 filters
- Create a custom filter
Current training opportunities for this class:
December 11, 2015
3:00 PM ET
|Online||National Library of Medicine Training Center||
Please add NTC@utah.edu to your email contacts list to ensure you receive all class correspondence.