The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region equips and encourages Network members to extend their services and expertise to groups, agencies and institutions beyond their traditional reach. By developing and expanding collaborations, the Network works to accomplish its primary goals:
- to improve the public's access to information, to enable them to make informed decisions about their health
- to provide all health professionals with equal access to biomedical information
NNLM MAR supports outreach initiatives by:
- Collecting resources for program planning, evaluation and writing funding proposals.
- Providing professional development opportunities, such as free training, to increase your knowledge of health information resources and your skills in providing outreach.
- Offering funding for health information outreach projects.
- Providing tools for exhibiting at health professional conferences and consumer health fairs, including:
- An exhibit banner featuring NLM resources
- NLM tablecloth
- Funding for booth costs, staff travel and other fees
- Educational Materials for NLM resources for use in your presentations, classes and exhibits. Materials are available to print or order from the MAR
- One-on-one webinars on relevant NLM resources
- Free consultation and support for your outreach efforts