Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information At Your Library
The recording for this session can be found below.
To Join the Meeting
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com/.
2. Enter the session number: 621 051 033 and password: caring
3. Please provide your name and email address.
4. You may need to read the notice regarding toll-free numbers and click Accept.
5. You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
6. Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer - Adjust settings and test the connection
*Call from WebEx - Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted
*Call in - Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada Toll-number)
Enter access code: 621 051 033 #
Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
7. If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: caring
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex.
For any technical issues, please contact us at 817-735-2223 or email@example.com.
No registration is required for this class.
Jan 25, 2018
11:00AM - 12:00PM CT
Responding to questions involving topics on mental health is challenging even for the most experienced librarian. In Caring for the Mind, participants will learn how to effectively provide mental health information at their libraries. Participants will learn about the best electronic resources to consult as well as ways to improve their print collections. Best approaches for handling interactions with emotional patrons will also be discussed. Other topics covered include: bibliotherapy; assessment/testing; and the future of mental health. This class will increase participants' skills for providing mental health information for care providers and the public.
- Gain awareness of mental health issues.
- Learn to respond to challenging reference questions for mental health information.
- Be informed of tools for collection development and mental health research including the latest web sites and databases.