GMR-Sponsored MLA Webinars
Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the GMR sponsors at institutions across the region. Participation in these webinars at sponsored sites is free!
Becoming a Sponsored Site
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Greater Midwest Region (GMR) will sponsor up to ten (10) institutional registrations for MLA webinars each quarter. Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2017 and on an ongoing basis until funding for the quarter has been expended. Institutions can apply for one (1) webinar per quarter. While each sponsored site will be able to offer the live webinar and the recorded webinar to an unlimited number of participants for up to 180 days, the GMR site license will only provide CE codes for up to 25 individuals.
Webinars available for sponsorship (Winter Quarter - Nov. - Jan.):
- 8 Tips for Using Metrics in Research Evaluation, (November 29), 1:00pm–2:30pm, CT / 2:00–3:30pm ET
- Visualize Your Data: Tableau for Health Sciences Librarians, (December 6), 1:00pm–2:30pm, CT / 2:00–3:30pm ET
- Go Red! REDCap for Library Data Services and Data Collection, (December 21), 1:00pm–2:30pm, CT / 2:00–3:30pm ET
- Download and/or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form.
- Complete and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- For Michigan sites, please email your completed and signed application to Barbara Platts at email@example.com
- E-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that the GMR covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact the GMR Office.