Members of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) provide health professionals and consumers with access to health information resources and services. Membership in the NNLM is free of charge. We welcome libraries, health-related information centers, health departments, community based organizations, and others who provide access to health information for both health professionals and the general public.
Benefits of Network Membership
Network Members receive a variety of benefits and services, including:
- Free training on PubMed, MedlinePlus, other NLM Databases or topics like Multilingual Health Information, Data Visualization, and Grant Writing among many others.
- Our free CE classes support the Medical Library Association's Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) program.
- Funding in support of your health information outreach, technology improvement, professional development or exhibit participation.
- Free bulk health information materials shipped from NLM.
- NLM traveling exhibits delivered to you! Themes from The History of Medicine to Harry Potter to Medical Careers to Frankenstein to Forensic Medicine to the DNA of Beer are only a few possibilities.
- Keep up on regional and NLM news and updates, including funding announcements from NNLM and NLM and keep informed as a subscriber to SEA Currents, the NNLM SEA blog. You can even contribute to the blog - Just let us know if you’re interested!
- Networking with other members to form partnerships, share expertise or just enjoy connecting with colleagues!
Responsibilities of Network Membership
Membership is free, but there are some requirements to participate. Each NNLM member institution, regardless of category, must agree to make these basic contributions:
- Designate an individual as NNLM liaison/local contact person. This person is responsible for keeping updated and informed on network-related information.
- Permit listing in the national registry of network members. National registry information is available through the NN/LM Members Directory.
- Provide basic information on collections and services to NLM. Information stored in the NN/LM Members Directory must be kept updated and accurate.
How to Apply for Network Membership
Any library, health-related information center, health department, or other organization who provides access to health information may join the Network. Organizations that are regularly staffed, have an internet connection, and serve health professionals or the public may be eligible.
- To apply, please submit a New Member Application
- After submitting the form, you will be contacted by the NNLM Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SEA).
- If you have any questions about applying for network membership, please contact the Southeastern/Atlantic Regional office at 410-706-2855.