NNLM Impact: Research Data Management (RDM) Professional Development
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine aims to support data sharing and open science, and foster the development of professionals in data science. In 2018, NNLM National Training Office offered RDM Professional Development Award to improve the competency of information professionals in the area of biomedical and health science data management through a rigorous educational experience. Nearly all respondents agreed or strongly agreed that the training:
- increased their confidence to promote data management services at their organizations and provided research data management services or instruction;
- increased their awareness of data management needs at their institutions;
- gave them ideas for instruction needed at their institutions;
- provided them skills to more effectively provide data management help or instruction; and
- motivated them to reach out to new groups of potential users.
Check out two awardees’ reports from their NNLM educational RDM experience.