NIH Seeks Public Feedback on Strategic Plan for COVID-19 Research
NIH seeks public input its NIH-Wide Strategic Plan for COVID-19 Research, which will be continually updated to reflect new challenges presented by COVID-19 pandemic. The Request for Information invites the public to provide feedback via the RFI Submission site through December 7, 2020.
The NIH-wide COVID-19 Strategic Plan, released on July 13, 2020, provides a framework for accelerating the development of therapeutic interventions, vaccines and diagnostics. It describes how NIH is rapidly mobilizing diverse stakeholders, including the biomedical research community, industry and philanthropic organizations, through new programs and existing resources, to lead a swift, coordinated research response to this global pandemic.
NIH will implement five cross-cutting strategies:
- Invest in NIH and NIH-funded researchers to increase fundamental and foundational knowledge of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.
- Speed innovation in COVID-19 testing technologies through NIH’s recently launched Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx) initiative.
- Participate in public-private partnerships, such as NIH’s Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines (ACTIV) partnership to speed identification, development, evaluation, and manufacturing of promising candidate therapeutics and vaccines.
- Support studies to identify and implement effective approaches for promoting individual and community safety.
- Ensure that diagnosis, treatment, and prevention options are accessible and available for underserved and vulnerable populations.
NIH looks forward to the public’s contributions to the strategy and encourages organizations to submit a single response reflective of the views of the organization or membership as a whole.
All inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com.