|Topics on this page:|
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, New England Regional provides membership services to qualified libraries and organizations located in the six New England states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Membership to the National Network of Libraries of Medicine is free!
Benefits of Network Membership
- Numerous training and education opportunities
- NN/LM NER funding opportunities
- Personal consultation on health information outreach project planning and National Library of Medicine presentation design/delivery
- Communities of Interest to network and stay abreast of trends in health sciences librarianship
- Presentations on National Library of Medicine resources and services for your staff and community on site or via webinar
- Lending library to support your professional development
- National Library of Medicine educational materials for your programs
- DOCLINE support
- Invitations to provide input to the NER on regional programs and services
- National Library of Medicine Training Center courses
- Outreach Evaluation Resource Center services
- A certificate every five years which names the institution as a recognized member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
How to Apply for Network Membership
To apply, please submit a New Member Application.
Your information will be entered into the DOCLINE database to create a member’s Institution Record. Data stored in the Institution Record will be accessible only to Full Member libraries that participate in the DOCLINE system. There are portions of contact data, however, that are made available to the general public at the NER web site. If you have any questions about applying for network membership in the NN/LM-NER, please contact the New England Regional office.
Responsibilities of Network Membership
Each Full Member and Affiliate Member institution must agree to make the following contributions:
- Designate an individual as NN/LM Liaison/local contact person. This person is responsible for keeping updated and informed on network-related information (such as staying connected to the NAHSL-L online discussion list);
- Permit listing in the national registry of network members. National registry information is available online through the DOCLINE Institution Record and through the NN/LM Web site; and
- Provide basic information on collections and services to NLM by keeping information stored in the DOCLINE Institution Record both updated and accurate.
Information on DOCLINE, SERHOLD, and Loansome DOC
- DOCLINE Eligibility Guidelines
- DOCLINE - Fact Sheet
- DOCLINE Online Manual
- SERHOLD - Fact Sheet
- Loansome Doc - Fact Sheet
- Loansome Doc Information for Librarians
NN/LM NER Travel Expense VoucherPlease use the
Please submit all reimbursement requests and refer reimbursement questions to Cheryl Lavallee (508-856-5985; firstname.lastname@example.org)