NER Funding Information
How to Apply
Subaward project requirements, eligibility, and applications vary by the type of award; please consult the Funding Opportunities page for awards that are currently open and each award's online application system.
NNLM's online applications system allows users to submit proposals for funding directly via the NNLM website. Please refer to the specific application instructions on each Request for Proposal (RFP) for detailed requirements. Review the system requirements below and watch our brief video tutorial to learn how to submit your application.
Before attempting to submit your application for funding in the NNLM online application system:
- Confirm that your institution is a NNLM Member with a NNLM Member record.
- If your institution is not a NNLM Member, submit an application for Membership at least 3 weeks prior to the funding deadline. Membership is not automatic. A Member record is required to successfully submit an application.
- Not sure if your institution is a Member or has a Member record? Search the NNLM Membership Directory or contact your Regional Medical Library.
- Confirm that you (the applicant) have an NNLM account.
- You must be logged in to your NNLM account to successfully submit an application.
- If you are submitting an application on behalf of the Project Lead, the Project Lead must also have an NNLM account prior to submission.
- Confirm that your NNLM account is connected to the NNLM Member record for your institution.
- To connect, fill in the “Organization” field on your NNLM account using the autocomplete function. When correctly filled, you will see the 5-digit NNLM ID in parenthesis beside the institution name. Watch a brief tutorial for assistance with completing this process.
- If you are submitting an application on behalf of the Project Lead, the Project Lead must also be connected to the NNLM Member record for your institution prior to submission.
Please note: you cannot successfully submit an application without these components. If you have questions about these or any other system requirements, please contact your Regional Medical Library in advance of the application deadline.
Application Templates - Proposal
Application Templates (please only use these for planning purposes. You will need to fill out the online application to be considered for an award)
Outreach - NNLM Subaward Application Template (use this for the Improvement, Data, and Outreach award types)
Professional Development - NNLM Subaward Application Template (use this for the Professional Development Award only)
More Information on Applying for Funding
2020-2021 Funding Webinar - PowerPoint - Recording
Overview of the Application System
Application Video Tutorial (YouTube)
Grants & Proposal Writing Class from NNLM - webinar from NNLM (On-Demand class )
Proposal Writing Support
2017-2018 Funding Webinar (detailed instructions and breakdown of putting together a proposal. Most info Applicable regardless of funding year)