Announcing Technology Today: A new Webinar Series
Stephanie Friree, Outreach and Technology Coordinator
As the Technology Coordinator for the New England Region, one of my roles is to help the region’s members coordinate the integration of new technologies that improve and enhance operations and also to assist in the identification of new technologies and uses of technology that enhance the work of Member libraries. So, I have decided to offer a quarterly technology webinar series called Technology Today.
These webinars will be offered via Adobe Connect and will be recorded and posted on our website. We may invite guest speakers or I will lead the webinar.
A few ideas for topics that we will cover:
- Demonstrate a new piece of technology or tool and discuss how the tool may help your organization
- Discuss useful apps—both medical and non-medical—that may meet your needs
- Showcase technology a library has implemented to generate new ideas for your organization
- Learn how to evaluate new technology and where to seek expert advice to influence your purchasing decisions
- Discuss cybersecurity concerns and issues for your organization, as well as for home
- Demonstrate new tools on the market and how they can improve access to biomedical information
- Demonstrate how to publish a newsletter using a free tool, such as WordPress
- New developments and trends on the horizon
- Learn how to implement 508 compliance on your organization’s website
This class is for you. Please send me ideas that you may have for topics, or if there is something specific you’d like us to focus on. Please email: Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
An announcement will be made 2- 4 weeks in advance of each webinar and posted on out training calendar, with the first one scheduled for September 4, 2014 at 11:00 am.
Dates and times are TBD based on the topic and potential guest schedules.