FREE Pub Med for Trainers Class coming to VT
Register for PubMed® for Trainers (It’s free!)
Offered by the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC)
Would you like to gain new skills, brush up on existing PubMed skills and collaborate with colleagues to help create effective training strategies? The NTC, along with the University of Vermont, is offering PubMed® for Trainers (PMT).
PMT is held in 4 sessions; 3 online and 1 in person session (attendance in all is expected). The last of the four sessions will be in-person at the Bailey Howe Library, University of Vermont in Burlington. Upon completion, the class is eligible for 15 hours of MLA CE credit.
The class runs from July 9 – July 30, 2013.
This hands-on course consists of 9 presentations created by the National Library of Medicine, live demonstrations, hands-on exercises, group work and discussions, and networking opportunities over the course of four sessions. You can expect an additional 2-3 hours of homework.
By the end of the course, you should:
- Have a functional knowledge of the MEDLINEâ database
- Understand behind the scenes details of automatic term mapping (ATM)
- Know how to use Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Increase you knowledge of how to search for drugs, diseases, and patient centered research
- Develop a one hour PubMed class using a rapid design technique
The dates and times of the four class sessions are:
- Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Tuesday, July 16 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Tuesday, July 23 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Tuesday, July 30, 9-4:30 ET (in-person in Burlington)
To register, visit http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/schedule.html