My NCBI has been Redesigned
The MY NCBI redesign occurred last week.
There is an NLM Technical Bulletin article about it that does a thorough overview including screenshots: My NCBI Redesign, http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/ma11/ma11_myncbi_redesign.html. You can also find, on the NCBI YouTube Channel, an overview of how to customize the page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks46w3mNAQE.
Here’s quick overview:
As with all the recent changes the header will be consistent with other NCBI resources. Once you log in the homepage will display all of your content. If you have an iGoogle account and maintain your own customized homepage then some of this should feel familiar to you. You can maneuver each of the sections to display, or not, in the order that you prefer.
- Each of the sections in My NCBI; Saved Searches, Collections, Filters, Recent Activity and My Bibliography will have their own box that you can move, close or delete from the main page.
- The filters section displays your choices all in one box (portlet, function window) making it easy to add and change filters. You can create a custom filter to fit your specific needs. More information about filters can be found in the My NCBI online help book: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53591/.
- All stored data will display on the homepage.
- A search box will be available where you can search NCBI databases directly from the My NCBI homepage.
- If you haven’t explored the My Bibliography function a nice overview is included in the Technical Bulletin article.
If you run into issues please let NLM know by using the “Write to the help desk” link found at the bottom of the page.