The National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region (NN/LM NER) has a long standing tradition of innovation and of implementing novel approaches to advancing access to health information within the scope of NN/LM mission and goals.
- The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Lamar Soutter Library will commit staff and space to administer the NN/LM NER program for 2016-2021.
- NN/LM NER will develop a regional network of libraries and other institutions to support Regional and National goals of the National Library of Medicine.
- NN/LM NER will provide an organizational and advisory structure to form collaborations and partnerships across the region.
- NN/LM NER will utilize multiple forms of communications about NLM and NER activities, programs, and services.
- Evaluate and report on NER activities, programs, and services.
- Implement the Network National Emergency Preparedness Response Plan.
Access to Biomedical and Health Information Core
- The NN/LM NER will provide a regional infrastructure supporting data literacy, data management, and data curation.
- The NN/LM NER will provide web-based resources and curricular opportunities for librarians to retool their skills in data literacy, data management, and data curation preservation activities.
- The NN/LM NER will provide web-based resources and educational opportunities for researchers to learn data management best practices.
- The NN/LM NER will increase awareness amongst New England area librarians and researchers about e-Science and how librarians support biomedical research.
- The NN/LM NER will collaboratively work with Network Members to support access to print and electronic biomedical and health information throughout the region.
- The NN/LM NER will provide and administer a funding program to support the access to biomedical and health information and data management programs described in this core.
Education and Outreach Core
- The NN/LM NER will partner with Network Members to implement a focused outreach program connecting medically underserved, minority populations, and the health professionals who serve them with quality health information products and services.
- In collaboration with the National Public Health Coordination Office, NN/LM NER will provide resources, outreach, and education to public health workers throughout New England.
- The NN/LM NER will provide a suite of health information courses and presentations on biomedical and health resources emphasizing NLM products for both consumers and health professionals.
- The NN/LM NER will engage with Network Members to identify and develop programing to support emerging roles for health information professionals.
- The NN/LM NER will collaborate with Network Members to identify "under-connected" community-based organizations, libraries, schools, and health professionals to upgrade and introduce new technologies to ensure access to health information.
- The NN/LM NER will promote NLM and NER programs and services by exhibiting at national, state, and local events.
- The NN/LM NER will provide and administer a funding program to support the outreach and education programs described in this course.