Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Plan
The NNLM Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Plan (Plan) has the following objectives:
- Provide access to biomedical and health information to affiliated and unaffiliated health professionals, researchers, clinicians, librarians, and the public.
- Provide efficient and cost effective processes for requesting and delivering materials from DOCLINE participant library collections and resources through traditional ILL and other library mediated information services through the DOCLINE system.
- Coordinate the contribution, review, and maintenance of DOCLINE serial holdings data in a manner that is timely, efficient, and accurate. Ensure accurate institution records, lending and borrowing preferences, and request data in DOCLINE.
- Facilitate and promote improvements in ILL among DOCLINE participants with the goal of robust resource sharing in the NNLM.
- Provide standardized policies for use and eligibility as well as procedures to assure appropriate consistency for all DOCLINE participants.
- Identify, foster, and test new approaches to, or methods of, resource sharing whether they use existing or new concepts and technologies for access and/or delivery.
- Provide guidance on managing and negotiating e-journal licenses to ensure comprehensive ILL and document delivery rights.
- Foster partnerships among DOCLINE participants to provide document delivery and access to collections in the event of a regional or national disaster.