This page contains lists of resources that may be valuable to you in your work. Each section is focused on the main websites for the topic, and should give you a start when searching for sources of information on advocacy topics. If you need further assistance, please contact Barb Jones, Library Advocacy Coordinator.
Hospital Library Advocacy Resources
- Hospital Library Advocacy Blog
This weblog brings together resources related to hospital library advocacy: standards and their promotion, making the business case for library services, and promotion of library within hospital and to outside organizations.
- Hospital Libraries Section of the Medical Library Association
- Standards for Hospital Libraries 2007
Marketing and Promotion Resources
- American Library Association
- Advocacy and Legislation
- The Small but Powerful Guide to Winning Big Support for Your Rural Library
- Loansome DOC
Easy to implement! Health professionals love it and it makes your job easier!
- Promoting Your Library - Greater Midwest Region
Patient Safety Resources
- AHRQ Patient Safety Network
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Linked in: Patient Safety Partners Discussion Group You need to be a Linked In member to participate in this group.
Contact us at email@example.com or 801-587-3412 with questions or comments or for assistance in developing advocacy programs.