Dear Network member data geeks or those interested in learning neat things about data and how it will save the planet…
Please consider joining a 30 minute debrief/discussion shortly following the BD2K Guide to the fundamentals of Data Science weekly webinars. The debriefing/discussion will start after a 10 minute break after the series session ends.
If you attend both the debriefing and BD2K GFDS can earn you 2 MLA CE contact hours. No registration is required.
If you can’t attend the live sessions, you can participate asynchronously.
This week’s topic is: Computing Overview
Speakers: Patricia Kovatch, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Webinar Date/Time: January 6, 2017 / 10 am MT-11 am CT
Debrief Date/Time: January 6, 2017 / 11:10 am MT-12:10 pm CT
If you are new to the topic or series, past sessions have been posted to the BD2KCCC’s YouTube Channel
The debrief/discussion will be held online here: nih.webex.com/meet/johnbramble
To shape the discussion, we will address these questions:
- In the context of health information access (organization of information, research, findability, etc.) what role can the librarian play to support researchers in their data lifecycle at your institution?
- What assets do librarians have to bring to the table?
- What skills do librarians need?
- What Resources are needed?
- Who are the most important stakeholders librarians need to align with to get a seat at the table?
Summaries of the discussions will be posted to https://nnlm.gov/mcr at a location to be announce in the future (likely in the P2PP).
If you have questions about this post, please contact email@example.com or 801 585 5743 – jb