Training Opportunity: PubMed® for Trainers
Offered by the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC)
Would you like to gain new skills, brush up on existing PubMed skills and collaborate with colleagues to help create effective training strategies? The National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC) is offering PubMed® for Trainers (PMT) as part of the MCMLA annual meeting. PMT is held in 4 sessions; 3 online and 1 in person session (attendance in all is expected).
The class runs from August 26 – September 18, 2013. The last of the four sessions will be in-person at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT, on September 18, the day after the MCMLA meeting concludes. Upon completion, the class is eligible for 15 hours of MLA CE credit. The class is offered at no cost.
This hands-on course consists of 8 presentations created by the National Library of Medicine, live demonstrations, hands-on exercises, group work and discussions, and networking opportunities over the course of four sessions. You can expect an additional 2-3 hours of independent homework.
The objectives of the class are for current and future PubMed trainers to:
- Enhance your knowledge of the MEDLINE database
- Improve your ability to analyze and implement Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Employ the features and functions of PubMed for use in searching and training
- Discuss instruction techniques with fellow trainers
- Experience peer collaboration and learning
The dates and times for the four class sessions are:
- Monday, August 26,, 2013 10-12 MT (online via Adobe Connect)
- Thursday, August 29, 10-12 MT (online via Adobe Connect)
- Wednesday, September 4, 10-12 MT (online via Adobe Connect)
- Wednesday, September 18, 9-4:30 MT (in-person in Salt Lake City)
For more details and to register, visit http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=359