Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) Certification Funding
Description of Award
Realizing that professional development is an essential part of a librarian's growth and advancement, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region provides professional development funding to cover the application fee for the Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) certificate for Network member librarians.
- Each award covers the fee for one CHIS certificate application (up to $75).
- Funds must be used for the CHIS certificate application fee.
Note: The CHIS certificate is provided by the Medical Library Association. In order to apply for a CHIS certificate, you must have completed a minimum of 12 CE credits in consumer health information. Classes are offered for free through the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
- The applicant must be a full-time librarian (in any type of library).
- The applicant’s institution must be a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region.
- Application for the CHIS certificate must take place between May 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017.
- The funding application must include a copy of the receipt from the CHIS certificate application.
- Funding applications will be accepted, reviewed, and awarded until funds are no longer available, or until April 30, 2017.
Each awardee will be responsible for sharing their experience with the MidContinental Region through a newsletter article, presentation, or a way mutually agreed upon with the NN/LM MCR.
For more information about funding, contact Christian Minter, 402-559-7226. We welcome your application!
Visit the Consumer Health Information Specialization website, for more information about CE and application requirements.