About the MidContinental Region
The Mission of the NN/LM is to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health through access to health information.
To accomplish this mission staff members develop and promote a wide assortment of free classes. Headquartered at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, we have coordinators spread out across the region.Numerous outreach subcontracts are awarded to network member libraries (Resource Libraries) to provide training to health professionals and consumers in their areas. Funding is provided to smaller network members for computer equipment, internet access, and training.
The University of Utah Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library serves as the Regional Medical Library for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region under a 5 year contract with the National Library of Medicine. The NN/LM mission and goals are carried out through a unique collaboration of the Regional Medical Library and seven Resource Libraries. Each collaborating library provides leadership and coordination for a special project area and/or supports outreach within a state, which is implemented by staff located in their library. The NN/LM MCR strives to gain recognition for its work and leadership in Technology, Collaboration and Assessment/Evaluation.
The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) MidContinental Region (MCR) is to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by: 1) providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information; and, 2) improving the public's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health. The Program is coordinated by the National Library of Medicine and carried out through a nationwide network of health science libraries and information centers.
- Develop collaborations among Network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of biomedical information resources throughout the nation.
- Develop, promote, and improve electronic access to health information by Network members, health professionals, and organizations providing health information to the public.
- Promote awareness of, access to, and use of biomedical information resources for health professionals and the public, with a particular emphasis on contributing to the Healthy People 2020 goal of eliminating health disparities.
- Understand how the products and services of the NN/LM and NLM contribute to improved access to health information by health professionals, and the public..
Members and Affiliates provide many services for librarians, health professionals, and the public.
- 2011-2016 Mid-Contract Site Visit Report (PDF)
- 2011-2016 Proposal (PDF)
- 2015-2016 Objectives (PDF)
- 2015-2016 Outreach Narrative (PDF)
- 2014-2015 Objectives (PDF)
- 2014-2015 Outreach Narrative (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Objectives (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Outreach Narrative (PDF)
- 2012-2013 Objectives (PDF)
- 2012-2013 Outreach Narrative (PDF)
- Reports Submitted to NLM