About the NN/LM MidContinental Region
The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) is to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by: 1) providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information; and, 2) improving the public's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.
NN/LM MidContinental Region
The University of Utah Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library serves as the Regional Medical Library for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region under a 5 year cooperative agreement with the National Library of Medicine. The NN/LM mission is carried out through a unique collaboration of the Regional Medical Library and six Partner Libraries. Each Partner Library is funded to support health information outreach within its state and provide leadership and coordination for a special project area. In each Partner Library is a coordinatorwho works for the NN/LM MCR program.
NN/LM MCR Goal:
Advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health.
Outcomes for 2016-2021:
The NN/LM MCR has seven outcomes that our activities will address in 2016-2021. By addressing these outcomes the NN/LM MCR will address the goals-mission of the NN/LM.
- Network members are more aware of tools and methods for curating and managing data.
- Network members adopted effective practices.
- Extend our reach as a result of the work with organizations and Network.
- Participants are aware of appropriate resources and/or have the skills to use them.
- Payers reimburse for information therapy.
- Significant increase to health information access by healthcare providers and the public.
- Underserved populations in the MidContinental Region benefit from NN/LM MCR programs.
Members provide many services for librarians, health professionals, and the public.
- Find a Member Library
- Join the Network
2016-2021 Cooperative Agreement
- 2016-2021 Proposal
- Reports Submitted to NLM