Focus on NLM Resources Schedule
When: Held bimonthly, Noon - 1 pm / Archives
- MAR offers 1 MLA Continuing Education (CE) Credit per Foc session
- Details are provided at the end of each session
- Registration is required
HealthReach / June 9, 2016 Register
Presenter: Laura Bartlett / Outreach and Special Populations Branch, National Library of Medicine
Description: HealthReach is a resource of quality multilingual, multicultural public health information for those working with, or providing care to, individuals with limited English proficiency. In Spring 2016, the site was redesigned.
- Health education materals in various languages and formats (brochures, fact sheets, videos)
- Provider tools (including best practices, cultural information, and effective use of interpreters)
- Special collections on Emergency and Disaster, Women's Health, and Mental Health
Genetics Home Reference / August 4, 2016 Register
Presenter: Stephanie Morrison, MPH / National Library of Medicine
Description: Genetics Home Reference is the National Library of Medicine (NLM) website for consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes or chromosomes associated with those conditions. A recent redesign of the website introduced a completely new look and feel, improved navigation, and hundreds of educational images. This presentation will cover the development and use of this NLM resource, with a focus on the recent changes.