Primary NN/LM MAR Contact: Kate Flewelling / Outreach Coordinator / email@example.com
NN/LM MAR equips and encourages Network members to extend their services and expertise to groups, agencies, and institutions beyond their traditional reach. By developing and expanding collaborations, the Network works to accomplish its primary goals: to improve the public's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health, and to provide all health professionals with equal access to biomedical information.
Ways NN/LM MAR supports member outreach initiatives:
- Resources for program planning, evaluation and writing funding proposals
- Professional development opportunities to increase your knowledge of health information resources and your skills in providing outreach
- Funding for health information outreach projects
- Tools for exhibiting at health professional conferences and consumer health fairs including:
- An exhibit banner featuring National Library of Medicine resources
- National Library of Medicine tablecloth
- Funding for booth costs and other fees
- Educational materials for National Library of Medicine resources for use in your presentations, classes and exhibits. Materials are available to print or order from NN/LM MAR.
- No-cost consultation and support for your outreach efforts
Looking for inspiration? Check out these great outreach examples:
- Healthy Libraries, Healthy Communities (South Central Regional Library Council, Ithaca, NY)
- Enhancing Access to Mental Health Information in Northeastern Pennsylvania (Medical Library, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, PA)
- Health and Wellness Programs in the Workplace: The Role of Medical Librarians in Displaying the Value of NLM Resources and Services (Preston Medical Library, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine and UT Health Science Center, Knoxville, TN)
- A partnership with employee benefits and occupational health personnel in the industrial sector in order to display the value of National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources and medical library services to industry employees who participate in employee wellness programs.
- General Site for Business: http://preston.libguides.com/business
- Toolkit for Libraries: http://preston.libguides.com/outreach
Ready to get started with Outreach? Contact NN/LM MAR or (412) 648-2065.