Discount Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service
Save $$$ - Discount interlibrary loans are available from the University of Pittsburgh
The Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) at the University of Pittsburgh, with the encouragement of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Middle Atlantic Region (NN/LM MAR), is inviting you to join them in a discounted ILL program. HSLS provides efficient and reliable service from strong collections to fill your loans.
The goal of the program is to provide fast, cost-effective interlibrary loans to DE, NJ, NY and PA hospital libraries. With its strong collection that includes over 5,700 unique titles, prompt and efficient service with a turnaround time of 1-2 days, and proficient use of technology, the University of Pittsburgh is an ideal center to offer this discounted ILL program.
Who Can Participate?
Under this program, HSLS will provide document delivery services to hospital libraries for a discounted rate of $8.50 per article. The program is limited to hospitals with under 500 beds in NN/LM MAR (DE, NJ, NY and PA).
Participating libraries agree to the following:
- Requests must be submitted via DOCLINE
- Libraries must be willing to receive articles electronically through Odyssey or Web PDF
- All libraries will be invoiced via EFTS
- Discounted rate does not apply to rush, urgent patient care or color copies
- Libraries will comply with fair use guidelines and copyright law
- Contact: Barbara May, Manager, Document Delivery, HSLS University of Pittsburgh
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (412) 648-2037
- If you do not have an EFTS account, learn more here.
Routing Table Details
Once registered, we recommend you place the LIBID:PAUPIT in a routing cell of its own, after any free groups
If your request cannot be filled for free first, it will then be routed on to the University of Pittsburgh (PAUPIT)
If they have the item, the request will be filled for a cost of $8.50