Health Outreach and Programming
'Engage for Health' Program Materials
All of the materials you need to offer the ‘Engage for Health’ program are freely available. The toolkit includes the presentation slides, speaker notes, role play exercise, pre-post evaluation form (and instructions to send MAR the completed forms), promotional poster and logo.
- Engage for Health Presentation Slides
- Engage for Health Speaker Notes for Presentation Slides
- Engage for Health Role Play
- Engage for Health Pre-Post Evaluation Instructions
- Engage for Health Pre-Post Evaluation Form
- Engage for Health Promotional Poster
- Engage for Health Promotional Flyer
- Engage for Health Logo (jpg)
- Engage for Health Logo (png)
- Community Partner Invite Letter Template
Reports and Presentations
- Findings from the 'Engage for Health' Pilot Project (2017 Report)
- 'Engage for Health': A Health Program in a Box (NNLM MAR Lunch with the RML-PPT)
- 'Engage for Health': A Partnership for Improved Patient-Doctor Communication (MLA 2017 Presentation-PPT)
- 'Engage for Health': A Partnership for Improved Patient-Doctor Communication (MLA 2017 Presentation-PDF)
About Engage for Health
The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) and its Pennsylvania Hospital Engagement Network (PA-HEN) developed ‘Engage for Health’, a series of tools to conduct a community education program on taking an active role in your health care. In 2016 the Pennsylvania Library Association (PaLA) and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region (NNLM MAR) partnered with HAP, the NNLM Evaluation Office (NEO) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to update the program and pilot it in 16 libraries across PA.
The ‘Engage for Health’ program is now available for libraries, community and faith based agencies and health care providers to offer in their communities. If you are interested in offering this program, please feel free to use the materials located on this page and contact NNLM MAR for assistance.
We encourage you to offer this program, use the evaluation materials (and send them to us) as well as let us know about the success of your ‘Engage for Health’ program.
AHRQ published a case study on the 'Engage for Health' program and the pilot project in PA, read the entire case study here.
Here is a video of the ‘Engage for Health’ program that was hosted by the Hershey Public Library in Hershey. PA. This video was produced with funds from HAP.
Materials to Order from your Regional Medical Library (NNLM Office)
Locate the RML for your state and request materials directly from them and know that your organization must be a NNLM network member to request materials. For information on how to join and benefits of network membership please visit the NNLM Join the Network webpage.
For the 'Engage for Health' program it is suggested you order and distribute:
- MedlinePlus Bookmark or MedlinePlus, Capability Brochure
Materials to Order from the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
For the 'Engage for Health' program please visit the Doctor-Patient Communication section of the NIA Publication web site. It is suggested you order and distribute:
- Talking with Your Doctor: A Guide for Older People
- Online Health Information: Can You Trust It?