Environmental Health & Chemistry Resources
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) provides a variety of resources to meet the needs of your students and faculty.
- View and manipulate chemical structures for over 388,000 chemicals
- Conduct structure similarity searches and view chemical synonyms.
- Interactive website for people interested in environmental health issues
- Explore different locations—City, Farm, Town, Port, Border Regions and the U.S. Southwest—each with their own unique neighborhoods and health risks
- Click through a location, you’re given an overview of the health issues and chemicals in the area and are connected to MedlinePlus and other reliable resources
- Allows users to explore on-site chemical releases and hazardous waste sites on a map
- Users can search by location and chemical name
- Uses the Toxics Release Inventory and data from the Superfund Program
- Written at the introductory college student level
- Teaches basic toxicology principles