Additional Selected NLM Resources for Educators and Students
Primary NN/LM MAR Contact: Lydia N. Collins / Consumer Health Coordinator / email@example.com
- The Exhibition Program at the National Library of Medicine strives to promote greater understanding and awareness of how tthe past informs the present and can shape the future.
- These exhibitions provide lively and informative exhibitions and educational resources enhancing the awareness of and appreciation for the collections of NLM
- These exhibitions and resources engage diverse audiences and explore a variety of topics in the history of medicine
- The Traveling Exhibition Program is available to member libraries
- The Exhibition Program: Education Resources provides information on resources for K-12 educators.
- The History of Medicine Division of NLM provides additional information for Educators and Students
- The Profiles in Science database enables students to view the personal papers of Nobel Prize-winning scientists such as, Joshua Lederberg, Linus Pauling, Julius Axelrod and many others
- The NLM historical collection of materials related to health and disease are among the richest in the world with:
- NLM collections include an Arabic manuscript from 1094 on gastrointestinal disease, as well as handwritten letters from notable figures such as Louis Pasteur and Florence Nightingale
- NLM has a variety of online resources to supplement your teaching curriculum: NN/LM MAR K-12 Professionals Resource Guide