Radiation Emergency Medical Management (REMM): New Version Released
What’s New on REMM, April, 2014?
- Key changes are noted below.
- Many more updates and changes appear throughout REMM.
- Managing Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS): Interactive tool: completely redesigned, with clinical assessments, treatment suggestions, suggestion for referral venues
- Top 10 Items for Radiation Emergencies: new page
- How to Perform a Radiation Survey
- Target Levels for Decontamination of People
- Biodosimetry Bibliography: new page, improved navigation, many new references
- Radiation Units and Conversions: new interactive tools for unit conversions
- Understanding Radiation: new videos incorporated and new sections
- Radiological Dispersal Device: new guidance about safety and response perimeters
- Training and Education: new offerings from several US agencies
- Multimedia Library: new elements in many sections
- Emergency Contacts: updated for many US government agencies
- REMM bibliography: many new entries
What’s new on Mobile REMM, April 2014, App Version 2.0.1?
- App has been completely redesigned for easier use and faster navigation
- Dose Estimator: faster data entry for vomiting and lymphocyte depletion kinetics tools
- New tools from REMM now available on Mobile REMM
- Scarce Resources for Interactive Triage Tool for Use after IND Detonation
- SALT triage system for radiation emergencies
- Updated emergency contact information
- Mobile platform compatibility updated
- iPhone and Androids compatibility remains up to date.
- Newer BlackBerry operating system, BlackBerry 10, is now supported; but older ones (BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier) are not.
We strongly suggest you update any versions of REMM you have previously downloaded to your computer, USB drive, or mobile device.
The REMM Team
Radiation Emergency Medical Management (REMM)
Guidance on diagnosis and treatment for health care providers