Job Ad: Research Integrity Program Specialist, Columbia University, New York, NY
The Research Integrity Program Specialist in the Office of Research Compliance and Training at Columbia University will help develop and implement a comprehensive program to promote research integrity at the University, with a focus on Columbia University Medical Center. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Research Compliance and Training, and working closely with the Associate Director for Research Compliance and the Assistant Director for Research Compliance Education, the Program Specialist will help establish a proactive program to promote research integrity and related best practices for data management and other relevant areas.
The Program Specialist must be able to help develop and administer a program that involves:
- The conduct of workshops for faculty, students and trainees regarding research integrity and data management strategies to enhance research integrity;
- Development of tools to support best practices for data management;
- Development of validation strategies to review data integrity;
- Plagiarism education for early-career scientists;
- Development of web-based and print resources to further communicate key research integrity messages.
- The Program Specialist will also help work on other research compliance projects, time permitting, and as needed, including e.g. institutional conflict of interest.
Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent is required; a higher degree in a relevant scientific field (biomedical or basic science) is highly desirable. Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
The Program Specialist must have had previous experience working as a researcher. Although no particular scientific discipline is required, background in the biomedical sciences is preferred. Experience with data management in a scientific research context is essential. Experience with grant writing is a plus.
The Program Specialist must have the ability to help develop tools and templates for research data management and review. The Program Specialist must be able to teach and communicate regarding issues of research integrity and data management to reach a variety of audiences, including graduate students and post docs, and faculty at all stages of their careers.
The Program Specialist must be able to partner effectively with other offices and academic departments in development of this program. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Previous teaching experience, particularly in science or ethics, is highly desirable. Ability to analyze and articulate complex issues, including scientific and ethical issues, is required.
Submit a cover letter and CV online: jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=137154