Job Ad: Reference/Emerging Technologies Librarian, University of the Sciences, Philadelphia, PA
The University of the Sciences welcomes applications for a 12-month faculty position in the Department of Information Science to serve as the Reference/Emerging Technologies Librarian at the J. W. England Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate operation of reference services, and provide service at the front desk.
- Work with library colleagues and faculty to improve reference services.
- Take a leading role in identifying and implementing emerging technologies and resources to improve teaching and learning effectiveness at JW England Library (e.g., virtual reference, social media tools, mobile computing and other digital library initiatives).
- Identify and implement strategies to maximize the effective use of existing technology resources to meet the needs of library users and library personnel.
- Work collaboratively with librarians to develop, test, and implement tools for information literacy instruction and assessment of library services (e.g. usability testing)
- Work collaboratively to develop content for the Library’s website (e.g., LibGuides).
- Provide training and support to the department and the library concurrent with the responsibilities of the position
- Serve as subject liaison (e.g., collection development) to assigned academic department(s). Also, serve as the liaison to the academic technology department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As a faculty member in the Department of Information Science, the incumbent will perform all faculty duties including, but not limited to: teaching, scholarly activities, and service.
Education and Experience:
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates should exhibit a strong commitment to teaching excellence and scholarship.
- We are seeking an individual with exemplary interpersonal and communication skills who will work collaboratively within the university community.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter/letter of interest and resume (in MS Word or PDF format) along with salary range/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions only
USciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.