New NLM Listserv for Outreach to Specific Populations
The NLM Outreach to Specific Populations listserv (NLM_OSP-L) provides health information professionals, librarians, advocates, health care professionals, students, and others with an opportunity to share information and discuss outreach to specific populations through quality information, capacity building and community engagement. This discussion forum will enable participants to stay informed about health information resources, services, and programs tailored to specific populations as well as connect with colleagues in the field and benefit from discussions that address best practices, challenges, and gaps associated with health information outreach to specific populations.
Information distributed through the OSP Listserv (NLM_OSP-L) may include:
- Health information outreach programs and services tailored to specific populations (i.e., Students/Educators, Health Professionals, Minorities, Women, Seniors, etc.)
- Information resources addressing health topics ranging from HIV/AIDS and Environmental Health to Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
- Announcements of funding opportunities
- National, state and/or local meetings and conferences
- Information and technological resources for and about specific populations
- Training opportunities
- Best practices, trends, new ideas
- Publications, articles, and research findings related to health information outreach
We encourage you to let others know about the OSP listserv, and to share its messages. Subscribe to NLM_OSP-L Listerv to learn more: http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/outreach/osplistserv.html
If there are problems submitting subscription information, please send an email to the list administrator at NLM_OSP-Lemail@example.com.