Mental Health Symposium
Here’s a wonderful opportunity to attend a symposium with nationally known speakers to help improve the link between quality mental health care and quality primary care. It’s partially supported by a HRSA Grant for Physician Faculty Development in Primary Care, so tuition is very reasonable. The registration brochure and program are available at: http://www.neomed.edu/familymedicine.
Advancing Mental Health Care: Community-Based Mental Health Care and Primary Care Working Together
2013 Theme ~ Mental Health Across the Lifespan
May 30 – June 1, 2013
Sheraton Suites, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
An Evening with Health Care Leaders – Thursday, May 30 at 7 p.m.
- Mark Hurst, M.D., medical director, Ohio Department of Mental Health
- Jonas Thom, M.A., PCC, vice president, community programs, CareSource Management Group
- Terrence Dalton, M.Ed., LSW, president/CEO, Community Support Services, Inc.
Featured speakers May 31 June 1 include:
- Larry Green, M.D., professor, Epperson Zorn Chair for Innovation in Family Medicine and Primary Care, University of Colorado
- Tatiana Falcone, M.D., M.P.H., Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute
- John A. Kasper, Jr., M.D., assistant professor of psychiatry, Summa Health System
- Richard Swenson, M.D., physician-futurist, researcher, best-selling author and award-winning educator
Choose from 9 breakout sessions regarding clinical care, quality improvement, teaching, research and resources.
The purpose of this symposium is to: educate health care professionals about the current state of mental health care in the community and primary care; update research skills relevant to mental health care; and improve teaching skills relevant to teaching medical students, residents and other caregivers about mental health care and care delivery systems.
For more information about the symposium, call 330.325.6779 or go to http://www.neomed.edu/familymedicine.
Sponsored by the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical University.