New AHRQ Resource for Medical Librarians
Free Printed Summaries of AHRQ’s “Closing the Quality Gap” Evidence Report Series Available
The federal government’s Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has developed a free resource to help health care providers learn more about the evidence supporting eight quality improvement strategies. “Closing the Quality Gap: Revisiting the State of the Science” offers Executive Summaries of eight evidence reports that focus on various aspects of health care quality. AHRQ’s evidence reports offer an unbiased analysis of available research on specific health care topics. The individual reports are:
- “Bundled Payment: Effects on Health Care Spending and Quality” 12-E007-1
- “The Patient-Centered Medical Home” 12-E008-1
- “Quality Improvement Interventions to Address Health Disparities” 12-E009-1
- “Medication Adherence Interventions: Comparative Effectiveness” 12-E010-1
- “Public Reporting as a Quality Improvement Strategy” 12-E011-1
- “Prevention of Healthcare–Associated Infections” 12(13)-E012-1
- “Quality Improvement Measurement of Outcomes for People With Disabilities” 12(13)-E013-1
- “Improving Health Care and Palliative Care for Advanced and Serious Illness” 12(13)-E014-1
To order the set, request publication OM 13-0014 from the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse at 1-800-358-9295 or email@example.com.
To order individual reports, please order by title and publication number:
For online copies, go to http://www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/evidence-based-reports/.