New 2013 Health Planners From the NIH
With the start of a new year, we invite you to dedicate yourself, your family and your community to a year of health in 2013!
The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has launched a multicultural outreach initiative to raise awareness about the availability of NIH and other Federal resources to help people with diseases and conditions of the bones, joints, muscles and skin. The initiative also aims to emphasize research as the foundation for progress, and to support and involve organizations in multicultural outreach.
Make 2013 a Year of Health
The NIAMS has created a series of health planners—titled A Year of Health—that provide health tips and information about staying healthy and managing conditions of the bones, joints, muscles and skin. The four planners, created with community input, are tailored for the following audiences:
- African Americans
- American Indians/Alaska Natives/Native Hawaiians
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders
- Hispanics/Latinos (bilingual planner)
Additionally, to support your organization’s outreach efforts, the NIAMS has created an electronic toolkit to help you and your organization prepare your planner distribution strategies. The materials include:
- Resources for conducting outreach
- Electronic versions of the four health planners
- A sticker template to customize the planners with your organization’s contact information
- An image gallery of multicultural photos to tailor materials for your organization’s community
A Year of Health planners are free. To order, call the NIAMS Clearinghouse toll-free at 877–226–4267 (TTY: 301–565–2966) or email NIAMSinfo@mail.nih.gov.
We appreciate your interest in our 2013 health planners. You are an important part of our distribution efforts!