Job Ad: Consumer Health Librarian/Manager, New York, NY
The Myra Mahon Patient Resource Center (PRC) serves the health information needs of the patients, family and caregivers of Weill Cornell Medical College and New York-Presbyterian-Hospital. The Patient Services Librarian/Manager of the Patient Resource Center manages the services and resources of the PRC. This position reports to the Associate Director, User Support, Research & Education and the Chief Administrative Officer, Physician Organization.
- Manage the PRC. Coordinate, implement and evaluate policies and procedures, resources, programs and services. Administer the annual operational budget.
- Develop a strategic plan, set measurable goals and objectives for the Center.
- Maintain an authoritative and current collection of consumer health and patient education (CHI/PE) resources to meet the information needs of patients, their families and caregivers in collaboration with the medical faculty of the Weill Cornell Physician Organization and NewYork-Presbyterian-Hospital.
- Act as a resource for health professionals who wish to develop collections of CHI/PE materials for their patients.
- Provide current awareness services for health professionals about new CHI/PE materials, as well as health information needs of consumers, including information and health literacy issues and learner preferences.
- Serve as a member of the Library Electronic Health Record Taskforce to represent patient needs and integrate CHI/PE resources in the patient portal.
- In collaboration with the institution and the community, develop informational and educational programs related to health issues and the evaluation of health information. Participate in institutional community outreach programs, such as health fairs and screenings.
- Serve on institutional committees, e.g. patient education, public health, community health education, quality assurance, medical ethics, etc. to encourage and support the development of CHI/PE resources.
- Market and promote Center resources and services. Establish support through development activities such as library friends, advisory committees, and fundraising activities or grant opportunities. In collaboration with the Library Communications Team develop and distribute promotional materials and outreach programs to market services.
- Contribute to the success and development of the Weill Cornell Medical Library by participating on committees and teams and providing service as needed.
- Participate on rounds, morning report, and journal clubs for selected departments; provide just-in-time instruction, expert literature searching and customized consultation services in person, by telephone or electronically.
- Recruit and develop volunteers and interns.
Level: Full Time, Academic/Faculty
Position Reports To: Associate Director, User Support & Education
Location: New York, New York 10065
Minimum of two years of consumer health information /patient education experience preferred
Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills and teaching/presentation skills. Able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Demonstrated initiative, the ability to manage multiple projects and a commitment to professional development. Project management and program evaluation skills; social media use and expertise; experience producing consumer health workshops (in-person and online tutorials); experience locating and demonstrating health resources in Spanish or other non-English languages preferred.
Weill Cornell Medical Library
1300 York Ave
New York NY 10065
Applicants should send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weill Medical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, citizenship or veteran status. (EOE/M/F/D/V)