Job Ad: Education Services Librarian, Temple University
Education Services Librarian
Health Sciences Libraries
The Temple University Health Sciences Libraries seek an energetic and user-oriented librarian to join its staff. Headquartered at the Simmy and Harry Ginsburg Library, the Libraries serve the information needs of the schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Podiatry, the College of Health Professions & Social Work, and Temple University Hospital. For more information about Temple, visit: http://www.temple.edu/about/.
The Education Services Librarian, reporting to the Associate Director for Information Services and Educational Programs, will design, deliver and assess library instructional services and coordinate both virtual and in-person training programs for faculty, staff and students at the Health Sciences Center.
- Coordinating the educational activities of the Department of Information Services & Educational Programs, including training and continuing education of library staff
- Providing consultation and classroom instruction on biomedical and health sciences information resources and services to faculty, students and staff
- Consulting with course directors and curriculum-based committees at the HSC schools, to plan programs directly related to the educational/training needs of students
- Consulting with educational deans at the HSC schools to plan programs specifically designed for faculty
- Consulting with residency directors at Temple University Hospital to plan programs directly related to patient care information needs of clinicians, residents, and fellows
- Creating and maintaining web-based interactive, self-paced lessons and tutorials using course authoring tools [in consultation with library technology professionals]
- Managing the integration of library services and collections into course management software
- Maintaining links to faculty list servers in order to provide up-to-date resources and services information, as well post links to resources that are being tested on a trial basis [in coordination with the electronic services librarian at Paley Library]
- Identifying and investigating new information and education delivery technologies and develop and revise programs to respond to changing needs
- Providing reference desk coverage as needed, as a member of the reference and information services team
Other responsibilities include: participating in collection development activities as required; representing the Library on appropriate committees, including library system and University-wide committees; and other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary and benefits package, including relocation allowance.
Required Education and Experience:
ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library/information science.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated teaching experience in a health sciences library or higher education (university or college) library setting.
- Experience developing course content and assessing instructional services.
- Experience with electronic information resources, including proficiency with web-based information search systems.
- Experience with MS Office and desktop publishing software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in an academic health sciences library environment and/or teaching hospital library.
- Experience with PubMed, Web of Science, CINAHL or other biomedical information search systems.
- Experience collaborating with faculty in developing education programs.
- Experience with course management software, particularly Blackboard.
- Experience with screen capturing/tutorial creation software, such as Camtasia or Adobe Captivate.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.temple.edu, click on Jobs@Temple and reference TU-15839. Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to cultural diversity.