November Issue of NIH News in Health
The November issue (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/) of NIH News in Health, the monthly newsletter bringing you practical health news and tips based on the latest NIH research, is now available! In this edition:
- Worried Sick (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Feature1)
- Living with Anxiety Disorders (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Feature1)
If you’re starting a new job or taking a test, a little anxiety might make you more alert and ready for action. But sometimes anxiety can linger or become overwhelming. When it gets in the way of good health and peace of mind, it’s called an anxiety disorder. Read more about anxiety disorders. (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Feature1)
- Looking at Lupus (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Feature2)
- An Attack from Within (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Feature2)
Lupus arises when the cells that are supposed to protect your body from disease mistakenly assault your own healthy cells and tissues. This attack from within can damage your joints, skin and most other parts of your body. Read more about lupus. (http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Feature2)
- Gene Affects Response to Asthma Drugs <http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Capsule1>
- Get an Eye Exam During Diabetes Month <http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Capsule2>
- Featured Website: Go4Life <http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/Nov2011/Capsule3>
Click here <http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/files/Nov2011/NIHNiHNov2011.pdf> to download a PDF version for printing.
Visit our Facebook wall <http://www.facebook.com/NewsInHealth> to suggest topics you’d like us to cover, or start a discussion about how you use the newsletter. We want to hear what you think! Please pass the word on to your colleagues about NIH News in Health. We are happy to send a limited number of print copies free of charge for display in offices, libraries or clinics. Just email us or call 301-435-7489 for more information.