Health Programming for Summer Reading
The Network of the National Library of Medicine has partnered with the Collaborative Summer Library Program to bring health programming to your library for Summer Reading!
Summer Reading 2021 - Tails and Tales
Check out the following health programs that complement the summer reading theme for 2021! Written by NNLM staff.
- Animal Teeth Storytime! (Dental Health)
- Citizen Science & Animal Observations
- Citizen Science & Zoonosis
- Pet Health and Care
Summer Reading 2020 - Imagine Your Story!
Check out the following health programs that compliment the summer reading theme for 2020!
- Dental Health: A Visit from the Tooth Fairy
- Environmental Engagement: Into the Woods
- Fairytale Nutrition
- Graphic Medicine Book Club: Veterans' Stories
- Harry Potter's World
- Herbology in Harry Potter: Ginger, Peppermint, and Valerian
- Microbes Storytime: The Spread of Germs
Summer Reading 2019 - A Universe of Stories
Take a look back at last summer's health programs. Explore DNA and family history, make stardust, discover astronaut food, and more with our science programs for kids, teens, and adults in the NNLM Summer Health Programming Manual.
Resources for Public Libraries
Visit Resources for Public Libraries to learn about about NNLM & Public Libraries and to explore resources related to health information, collections, programming, and more.
Learning More and Feedback
Contact your Regional Medical Library for more information about trainings, programs, and funding opportunities.
For feedback and questions about the NNLM Summer Reading Initiative, please contact Michael Balkenhol.