SEA Region Disaster Information Resources
After an emergency, you may need to survive on your own for several days. Being prepared means having your own food, water and other supplies to last for at least 72 hours. A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.
A number of trusted organizations provide some guidance on what you should include in your basic disaster supplies kit.
- American Academy of Family Physicians: Disaster Preparedness/Personal Preparedness (link is external)
- American Red Cross: Be Red Cross Ready (link is external) (PDF)
- American Red Cross: Survival Kit Supplies (link is external)
- Energy.gov: Disaster Supplies Kit (link is external) (PDF)
- FEMA: Emergency Supply List (link is external)
- Habitat for Humanity: Disaster Supply Kit (link is external)
- Ready.gov: Build a Kit (link is external)
- CDC Pet Safety in Emergencies: Pet Disaster Checklist
Including a disaster supplies kit, you may also benefit from downloading a number of Disaster Apps for your phone to help in case of an emergency.