The purpose of this page is to assist awardees and potential awardees in understanding the financial transactions that take place when a project is funded by the Greater Midwest Region (GMR) office. Our office is committed to making this process as easy as possible, and we are able to communicate directly with the office of sponsored programs at your institution, if necessary.
- Awardees may submit invoices quarterly or in a single final invoice at the end of the award period. Invoices must include documentation to support each line item in the invoice.
- Send all invoices and supporting documentations to the University of Iowa's Subawardee Invoice email address and copy Cheryl Doehrmann.
- The University of Iowa Grants Accounting Office offers a sample invoice template, but other templates are also accepted. The requirements for an invoice include:
- Each expense listed as a line item with any necessary documentation.
- Your Purchase Order (PO) number. (This can be found in your subaward agreement or by contacting the GMR Office.)
- The budget for your subaward
- The subaward budget period of May 1, 2016 - April 30, 2017.
- If you have questions about the invoicing process, please contact Cheryl Doehrmann.
The period of performance is the time frame during which the award recipient is expected to complete project work and incur any expenses. The period of performance for all GMR awards begins on May 1st and ends on April 30th of each year. While the GMR may make awards prior to May 1st, the contract for the work is not issued until that date; it is up to the awardee to make the decision to wait for the finalized contract to begin work or not. Keep the period of performance in mind when planning a project. If you have questions or concerns regarding the period of performance when planning a project, please email the GMR office.
Additional Resource from the University of Iowa
- Subawards from the University of Iowa
- Contract Guidelines
- Audit Certification and Financial Status Questionnaire (ACFSQ), this form is required for all entities that are not US accredited institutions of higher education.
- Conflict of Interest Form
- Vendor Application
- Subaward Compliance and Reporting Requirements