Resources for Health Professionals
Below you will find some helpful online resources from the National Library of Medicine for accessing drug and pharmaceutical information. Please click on the heading to see an expanded list of resources.
To search more than 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books, please visit PubMed.
- Contains information on drugs and other chemicals to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and the possible adverse effects in the nursing infant
- DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information
- The Pillbox website was developed to aid in the identification of unknown pills (oral solid dosage form medications). It combines images of pills with appearance and other information to enable users to visually search for and identify oral solid dosage form medications.
- Drug Information Portal
- The NLM Drug Information Portal gives users a gateway to selected drug information from the U.S. National Library of Medicine and other key U.S. Government agencies.
- American Indian Health
- Addresses the health and well-being of American Indians
- Arctic Health
- Research encompassing the health of the Arctic environment and our northernmost communities
- Multilingual and multicultural public health information for those working with or providing care to individuals with limited English proficiency
- Multicultural Resources for Health Information
- Information about cultural competency, tools, health literacy, research, and policy
- Health Information in Multiple Languages
- Links to find consumer health information in langauges other than English from MedlinePlus
The GMR office provides funding opportunities across a number of topic areas, such as:
- Emergency Preparedness
- Technology Improvement
- Professional Development
- Native and Tribal Health
ClinicalTrials.gov is a registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world.