Resources for Community Colleges
Pharmaceutical and Drug Information Resources
- Contains information on drugs and other chemicals to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and the possible adverse effects in the nursing infant
- DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information
- The Pillbox website was developed to aid in the identification of unknown pills (oral solid dosage form medications). It combines images of pills with appearance and other information to enable users to visually search for and identify oral solid dosage form medications.
- Household Products Database
- This database links over 16,000 consumer brands to health effects from Safety Data Sheets (formerly Material Safety Data Sheets) provided by manufacturers. The information allows scientists and consumers to research products based on chemical ingredients.