Health Resources for Public Libraries
The Network of the National Library of Medicine Greater Midwest Region offers a variety of funding opportunities of interest to public libraries community health initiatives. The funding period runs May 1, 2019, through April 30, 2020.
Projects should include promotion of NNLM resources such as MedlinePlus.
Now Accepting Applications for May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020 Funding Period.
Applications due April 1st for the following funding opportunities:
- Research Data Award: Up to $20,000 (Applications due April 1st)
- Emerging Initiatives Award: Up to $10,000
- substance misuse/opioids, science, embedding health information in library and information sciences (LIS) programs, and HIV/AIDS.
- Health Information Outreach Award: Two funding levels available up to $20,000 and $50,000
- NNLM All of Us Public Library Partnership Award: Up to $20,000
- Expert Speaker Award: Up to $2,500 (Two application deadlines: April 1st & September 2nd)
Two additional awards will be open for application on May 1st:
- NNLM All of Us Consumer Health Collection Award: Up to $1,000:
- Small and Medium-size libraries will receive funding to purchase health books for their collection. A list of titles to choose from will be provided.
- NNLM All of Us Consumer Health Information Kiosk Award: Awardees receive a preconfigured kiosk
For more information, applications, and to apply, please visit our funding page.
A sincere thanks to our advisory groups who provided valuable input on the development of our awards this year!
Examples of Past Funded Projects
- Outreach Award: Senior health outreach
- Public Library: Akron-Summit Fitbit Cohorts
- Public Library: Community Conversations with Seniors
- Community Engagement: Health & Wellness Backpack Program
- Target Project: Tales and Travel: Developing Community Partnerships?
- Health Info Outreach to the Skokie Assyrian Community
- Adulting 101
- Crockpot Freezer Meals for Low-Income Families and Seniors
- Mental Health Awareness Resource and Family Movie Nights