GMR Preparedness and Response
In the News
- 15 September 2017: Emergency Access Initiative activated in response to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
- 06 September 2017: USGS web page for hurricane Irma
- 25 August 2017: Hurricane Preparedness for South Central Region
- 18 August 2017: An Interview with Dan Wilson
- 14 August 2017: Message from UVA Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, Charlottesville, VA
The Disaster Information Management Research Center Disaster Lit®: the Resource Guide for Disaster Medicine and Public Health database has recently been updated, and is now available.
Public Health Disaster in Puerto Rico
09/29/2017 10:00 AM EDT
Harvard University, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. 09/28/2017
This 14-minute discussion focuses on about the unfolding public health emergency in Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria. It discusses the biggest priorities for first responders and relief agencies, which are to get people clean, safe water; electricity that's needed for hospital medical interventions; and clean, safe food. The power outages are important because a lot of the clean water supply depends upon pumps that are run by electricity.
(Video or Multimedia)