GMR Preparedness and Response
Libraries as Recovery Centers CE
- Ambassador Program - TBD
- CDC: Disaster Movies: Lessons Learned
- DIMRC: Practical Steps to Get a Seat at the Table
- FEMA Individual Preparedness Activities
- LGBTQI Emergency Management Resources
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council: Emergency Preparedness
- NJ State Library Disaster Preparedness & Recovery
- Community: Shelter from the Storm
- Sanctuary: It’s What We Do: Service and sanctuary in Ferguson
- Social Services: Dallas Public Library "Dedicated to Serving with Compassion" After Shooting
- Infrastructure: Our Libraries Were Ports in the Storm (Superstorm Sandy Recovery: One Year Later)
Are You Prepared?
NNLM GMR provides assistance to our members in preparing for, and responding to, disasters or localized emergencies. GMR staff are available to assist with emergency preparedness and response activities, from risk assessment to training and developing a disaster plan.
This guide serves as an online collection of resources and tools that are relevant to disaster and emergency preparedness. If you would like to learn more about emergency preparedness resources, or explore training opportunities that are available through NNLM, please contact us! We are here to assist you in learning about the wealth of biomedical and health information available through the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.